PRINCE2®, (Projects IN a Controlled Environment), is a Project Management approach which deals with managing, organizing and controlling the projects in a defined scope. PRINCE2® Certification is owned by Axelos®, a methodology adopted by various organizations for the management of projects in various domains both in private and public sectors across the world. Since its inception, at least two million PRINCE2 exams have been taken in over 150 countries worldwide. This is a clear evidence of the value of PRINCE2 all over the world.
The PRINCE2® Foundation certification talks about the PRINCE2® principles and helps to obtain basic understanding on PRINCE2® project management methodology. Foundation level exam is a prerequisite for the individuals who want to pursue PRINCE2® Practitioner certification.
• Team leaders
• Entry level project managers
• Aspiring future project managers
• Individuals involved in Project Management and Delivery
• Members from Project Board, Project management team and PMO staff.
• Multiple choice questions: 75 Nos.
• 5 questions out of 75 will be considered as pre-test questions and only 70 are scored for the examination result
• Pass Score: 50% (35 marks out of 70)
• Closed book exam
The PRINCE2® Practitioner is the next level exam to pass to become a registered PRINCE2® Practitioner. The objective of this exam is to measure if an individual is capable of applying PRINCE2® to manage a project in a given environment. Factors like individual expertise, constraints of the project, complexity of the project are considered by the Practitioner and manages the project to the success. PRINCE2® Foundation certification is a prerequisite to take the exam.
• Project Managers
• PMO staff
• Program managers, Project Management team members
• Project Board members
• Project management consultants etc.
• Multiple choice Questions examination
• Total 80 Questions (8 main questions, with 10 question items in each main question, each item Qs of 1 mark
• Passing Score – 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 marks) – 55%
• Duration – 2 hours
• Open book exam (should refer official PRINCE2® manual only)
To appear the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following exams:
• PRINCE2® Foundation Certification
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
• IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
• IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
• IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
• IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
The New PRINCE2 is on its way!
In January 2017, owners of PRINCE2®, AXELOS, announced the upcoming arrival of the updated PRINCE2® Guidance, and new Foundation and Practitioner examinations. Together, these form the PRINCE2 2017 update, and represent the first major revision of PRINCE2 since 2009.
The PRINCE2 2017 exams (in English) will be available to the public on 10 July, while the 2009 English version will be available only until the end of 2017. To know more, please watch below video.
What are the main changes in PRINCE2 Update?
The PRINCE2 update will have a new edition of the PRINCE2 manual, updated training materials and Prince2 Foundation Certification and PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification. This update will provide a practical and relevant guidance to anyone managing a project in today’s environment.